Celebration and Events
World Read Aloud Day
National Library Week
Child Protection Week
International Play Day
COVID-19 LEBONE CENTRE RESPONSE
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the world, and, while at Lebone, we are accustomed to having to make daily changes and decisions that will have to change tomorrow, Covid-19 has introduced an ever-moving target of uncertainty – the ‘Coronoacoaster! . Yet, there are some certainties as we face this new uncertain world, and we need, collectively as individuals, groups and teams to face the highs and lows. To this end, the Lebone managements team has formulated some guiding principles to navigate this time:
PRINCIPLES TO GUIDE ALL DECISION MAKING
- COVID-19 virus safety and protection of all staff and where possible beneficiaries
- Collaborate with partners to prevent starvation of beneficiaries
- Emotional and mental health of staff and beneficiaries
- Design and distribute relevant and appropriate educational activity packs (focus on literacy, numeracy and life skills)
Directly follow the development and implementation of Health and Safety Protocols.
DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- Covid-19 Infection Control Measures
- Covid-19 Protocol Demonstration of wearing masks
- Covid-19 Daily Register with thermometer readings
- Covid-19 Staff Health checks at home and at work
- Covid-19 Lebone Centre Vehicle Use
The Covid-19 crisis caused the Centre to rapidly repackage programmes and partner with various organisations, funders and friends to provide essential services in the form of food relief parcels and educational activities through various methods: community radio stations, WhatsApp groups, our Multilingual Storytellers, Grocotts, Wordworks, Nal’ibali Supplements and our 20 books for 200 families in 2020 Campaign. On Thursday 14 May, we opened our Centre doors again; only with a third of the staff, but it felt like a Grand Opening!
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed the world, and, while at Lebone, we are accustomed to having to make daily changes and decisions that will have to change tomorrow, Covid-19 has introduced an ever-moving target of uncertainty – the ‘Coronoacoaster! . Yet, there are...
We are so proud of our wordless storybook authors! Read all about them in the recent Grocotts article - click here.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Members of the public are welcome to visit us at the Lebone Centre to see our projects and meet our staff. We welcome volunteers who are interested and experienced in literacy projects.